Full academic regalia is required to participate in the commencement ceremony! All students must obtain regalia from the FSU Bookstore, located in the parking garage on Woodward Avenue. You may not wear borrowed regalia. You may rent undergraduate caps and gowns, and graduate regalia may be rented or purchased.
The FSU Bookstore will host the Spring 2017 Grad Fair from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on January 30 through February 1, 2017.
- Ordering in Person. A Herff Jones representative will be available to assist you with orders for gowns, rings, and announcements. You may place your order at the FSU Bookstore on the days noted above.
- Online Ordering. If you do not attend the Grad Fair, you may place your order online from January 30, 2017, through March 17, 2017. The online order form is available at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/fsu/.
- Late Orders. Late orders must be submitted in person at the FSU Bookstore after March 17, 2017. An additional late fee applies to all late orders. Contact the FSU Bookstore with cap-and-gown questions at (850) 644-2072.
- Custom Orders. If you want to purchase regalia, contact the FSU Bookstore at (850) 644-0832. Because custom orders can take up to eight weeks to process, submit your order as soon as possible.
- Refunds. If you do not fulfill your graduation requirements as determined by the Office of the University Registrar, you will not be permitted to pick up your cap and gown. Refunds are not automatic; you may request refunds from the FSU Bookstore.
- Returning Rented Regalia. You may return your regalia at the Civic Center following the graduation ceremony by bringing it to tables provided by the FSU Bookstore for that purpose.
- Diploma Withholding. If you do not to return your regalia at the conclusion of the ceremony as noted above, you must return it to the FSU Bookstore the week after graduation. Your diploma will be withheld until you return your rented regalia.
Cap and Gown Pick Up Dates
Cap and gown pick up will be held in Room 203 of the Student Services Building from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. every day from April 24 through 28, 2017.
Graduation announcements are available as a package with your cap and gown or can be purchased separately at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/fsu/.