Full academic regalia is required to participate in the commencement ceremony! All students are required to wear our new, customized regalia available exclusively through the FSU Bookstore and online through Herff Jones. These new caps and gowns were created specifically for FSU; thus, you may not wear borrowed regalia or regalia purchased from alternative vendors. Our regalia is available for rental or purchase.
The FSU Bookstore will host the Fall 2017 Grad Fair from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on September 25 and 26, 2017.
- Ordering in Person. A Herff Jones representative will be available to assist you with orders for gowns, rings, and announcements. You may place your order at the FSU Bookstore on the days noted above.
- Online Ordering. If you do not attend the Grad Fair, you may place your order online from September 18 through November 17, 2017. However, a $10.00 late fee will be assessed on all orders placed after October 27, 2017. The online order form is available at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/fsu/.
- Late Orders. After November 17, orders must be submitted in person at the FSU Bookstore. An additional late fee applies to all late orders. Contact the FSU Bookstore with cap and gown questions at (850) 644-0832.
- Custom Orders. If you want to purchase regalia, contact the FSU Bookstore at (850) 644-0832. Because custom orders can take up to eight weeks to process, submit your order as soon as possible.
- Refunds. If you are unable to participate in the ceremony, contact the FSU Bookstore to request a refund.
- Returning Rented Regalia. You may return your regalia at the Civic Center following the graduation ceremony by bringing it to tables provided by the FSU Bookstore for that purpose.
- Diploma Withholding. If you do not to return your regalia at the conclusion of the ceremony as noted above, you must return it to the FSU Bookstore the week after graduation. Your diploma will be withheld until you return your rented regalia.
Cap and Gown Pick Up Dates
Cap and gown pick up will be held on the second floor of the Student Services Building from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. every day from December 4 through 8, 2017.
Graduation announcements are available as a package with your cap and gown or can be purchased separately at http://colleges.herffjones.com/college/fsu/.