State Employee Registration Using Tuition Waiver


State employees may enroll up to six (6) credit hours per term on a space-available basis.

State of Florida Employee Tuition Waiver Guidelines:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Panama City Campus information

For state employees who want to take classes at the Panama City Campus (FL) please click here for appropriate form and specific administrative procedures.

Space Available Limitations:

Florida State University does not accept State Employee Waivers for the following:

For instructions on how to search for state-funded courses, please see the How To Search for & Add a Class to Your Shopping Cart help topic. Please note the special instructions under step six.

Degree-seeking state employees planning to enroll in one of the above course categories may pay tuition out-of-pocket or may apply for financial aid. For tuition payment information, please refer to the Student Business Services Web site. Degree-seeking state employees may register for such courses during the normal registration windows. For registration information, please refer to this semester's Registration Guide.

For a complete list of limited-access programs, please click here to view the University General Bulletin.


Returning students who were registered in any of the previous three terms can proceed directly to the Registration section below. All other prospective students must pursue admission to the University. State employee registration and fee waiver processing cannot be performed for students who have not been admitted to the University


  1. Please complete the form indicating the courses you wish to take and have your supervisor and agency head (or designee) sign the waiver form.
    NOTE: Florida State University accepts only the official FSU State Employee Tuition Waiver Form. Agency-specific forms, such as the Intent to Apply form, are not valid for use in this process.
  2. After you complete the tuition waiver form with the appropriate agency signatures, you must take the form to the respective FSU academic department for review. The FSU academic department certifies if space is available in the course. An FSU academic departmental official must sign the form before registration will be processed. Faxes are not accepted.
  3. Register for state-fundable courses during your normal registration window. For instructions on how to search for state-funded courses, please see the How To Search for & Add a Class to Your Shopping Cart help topic. Please note the special instructions under step six.
  4. Scan and email the completed FSU State Employee Tuition Waiver Form to by the tuition payment deadline found at

Immunization Requirements:

The Florida Legislature has mandated that, in addition to providing proof of immunization for Rubeola and Rubella measles, all university students must be informed of the risks of meningitis and hepatitis B infections. Incoming students are required to either show proof of immunization or sign a waiver declining the vaccines for meningitis and hepatitis prior to being permitted to register. Since this is a new requirement, please visit the University Health Services Website at or call (850) 644-6230 for more information. Information about the immunization requirements is included in the acceptance packet for newly admitted, readmitted, degree seeking, and special students.


As students at Florida State, state employees are eligible to obtain an FSUCard. To obtain an FSUCard, please go by the FSUCard Center in the parking garage at the corner of Woodward and Call Streets between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. For more information, please call the FSUCard Center at (850) 644-7777.

Access to Student Services is Limited

If you are the recipient of the State Employee Waiver (a non-FSU employee), and you are enrolled in six or fewer hours, your tuition and most student fees have been waived. Specifically, these charges are not being paid by you or your employer (the State of Florida). Because student fees help fund many student services on campus including Campus Recreation (Leach Center), the Health and Wellness Center, and Athletics (football/basketball tickets), those services aren’t available to students not paying the associated fees. If you would like more information on student fees, please contact Student Financial Services. For inquiries on obtaining a membership to the Leach Center for a nominal fee, contact FSU Campus Recreation (